Helpful Hounds receives no Government Funding and all our income is the result of individual donations or corporate help.
Your help is vital to our ability to grow and change the lives of more families and Schools.
All of the money you donate goes directly to building the Charity where our Staff are all volunteers, except for our Full Time Trainers who receive an income.
We also have a small marketing budget that is spent on materials to help us promote the Charity, which in turn results in addition funding.
We are registered with The Fund Raising Regulator and with HMRC to reclaim tax on qualifying donations.
There are many ways you could help fundraise for Helpful Hounds. Your fundraising efforts would go towards the continued training of our Helpful Hounds who will one day change the life of a young person.
As an Individual:
- Make a one-off donation, using our “Donate” Button
- Contribute via a Standing Order from £5 per month (and allow us to reclaim the tax)
- Ask your employer to set up a donation from salary
- Join our page on the BCP Lottery, from £1 per week
- Donate to our General Just Giving Page or one of the promoted projects on that page.
- Enter a sponsored event such as a Half Marathon with Helpful Hounds as your chosen Charity
- Organise an event for us (a Garden Party, a Pub Quiz a Bake Sale, something else)
As an Employer:
- Allow us to visit for a “Cuddle a Dog” day. An opportunity to meet some of our dogs and staff to donate, in return for a cuddle.
- Set up a Salary scheme to donate and promote Helpful Hounds to staff.
- Review our Projects for the year. Are you able to contribute to or support these?
Helpful Hounds is always looking for volunteers. As a small, but growing charity we are on the lookout for likeminded individuals with a passion for our work.
It maybe you love dogs or understand the families we help or just want to put something back into the community. You will find that Volunteering can be great fun, very social and you know that you are helping to change lives.
There are a number of ways you or your local community group could volunteer your time and skills to help us. We do not have all the answers and are open to suggestions. Here are a few ideas:
Organising an Event:
You with some friends or a local community group could help raise funds and awareness for Helpful Hounds by organising your own event!
This could include things like a bake sale, an information day at your community centre, a garden party and organising a talk for us to come and speak to you – Naturally, a Helpful Hound or maybe two will be there too!
If you are more adventurous, a Dinner Dance or Helpful hounds Half Marathon would be great ideas.
You would have our support throughout the entire process, and we would advertise the event on our social media and website. Ideas welcome!
Volunteering at an Event:
Helpful Hounds runs a number of events throughout the year.
These could include:
- Collections – Fundraising at shopping centres/shops across Dorset, Hampshire, Surrey and Wiltshire.
- Dinner Dance.
- Pub Quizzes.
- Sponsored Dog Walks.
- Half Marathon
All of these events will need the help of volunteers in order to keep them running smoothly – whilst having some fun along the way!
Volunteering your Skills:
Helpful Hounds is always on the lookout for skilled volunteers to help with the day to day running of the charity, such as:
- Admin Work.
- Mobile Groomers.
- Grant Researchers.
Whatever time or expertise you are able to give will be greatly appreciated.